How To Construct A Single “PEARL” Helium Filled Balloon Arch
The balloons for this arch must be filled with Helium Balloon Gas as a pearl or single arch must always be floating!
1. Cut 8m of monofilament line – see Balloon Artistry - The length of the arch may be adjusted using shorter wire with less balloons - This length will fit an average top table
2. Secure to two points at approx 4ft from floor - i.e. 2 chairs
3. Proceed to blow 30 x 11” latex balloons with balloon gas, tying them directly onto monofilament line - knotting directly onto the line, doing so in whatever colour order you want your arch to form- i.e. pink/white/pink/white etc or black/gold/silver/black/gold/silver etc
4. Cut 15 x 1m length of 2 ” floristry tearing ribbon - tear in half to make 1 ” wide – 30 ribbons – see Ribbons & Bows for 2” Ribbon & Pull Bows.
5. Tie one length of ribbon around the neck of each balloon, tying at the centre point of each ribbon, curl the hanging ribbons with scissors or a knife (taking great care when using sharp tools) and split the ribbons once more to form 4 x 1” curled ribbons
under each balloon.
6. Trim curled ribbons to desired length.
7. Tie each end of the monofilament wire to a substantial weight, e.g. a house brick covered in decorative paper, such as silver or gold shiny foil paper to co- ordinate with the chosen colour theme.
8. Decorate weights with a large bow- “A pull bow” or with a handmade bow, using colours to co-ordinate with the theme.
9. Position your arch over a Top Table, Buffet Table or Disco/Dance floor. Adjust the height by positioning the two weights accordingly.
YOU HAVE NOW CREATED A BEAUTFUL SINGLE “PEARL” ARCH FOR YOUR FUNCTION!